Saturday, August 27, 2011

Total Bust


Chad:

After months of working hard and preparing to break my 5k PR at Greekfest, the injury bug struck.  I spent three weeks not running.  When the pain finally subsided and I was able to run again, there was only one week left before Greekfest.  Suffice it to say that the down time didn’t do anything for my fitness.  Instead of running a PR, I ran another 16:50.  While I am always happy to break 17, I was disappointed in my performance and my inability to find that next gear. 

The hardest part was that Richard Harris had a break through race, smashed his PR, and won the race in 16:20.  While I was happy that all of Richard’s hard work paid off, it was tough to see my small GPx points lead turn into a deficit.  I am now 1 point behind Richard heading into the last two GPx races.  I’m going to really amp up the training to do my best to take second place back from Richard.  Regardless of what happens, I’m going to give it my best shot and leave it all out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment